Vancouver Holiday Show: Shipping and Accommodations
PNE FORUM SHIPPING ADDRESS:
Make It! The Handmade Revolution, December 7-10
Makie business name, booth #
2901 East Hastings
Vancouver, BC V5K 5J1
Unfortunately, the PNE Forum does not accommodate advance shipping. Please do not ship your goods directly to the venue in advance of the show; make sure your cartage company can provide storage in advance of the show, and deliver your goods the morning of December 6th. Receivership and materials handling will be looked after by our equipment suppliers; your pallet/crate will be moved to your booth, and be ready for you to unpack when you arrive.
Your items must be shipped out after the show wraps on Sunday night. Materials handling and forklifting will be provided by Make It. If you are not using our official carrier, please confirm with your shipping company that they will be picking up your pallet on Sunday night, as the venue will not store it for you.
Make It's official carrier is Multi-Temp Freight Solutions. They offer temperature-controlled trailers, online shipment tracking, warehousing, and cargo insurance for high value shipments, among other options.
To ship with Multi-Temp Freight, please contact Jeremy Potter at email@example.com or 604-888-8182, extension 102. For the fastest quote, send Jeremy an email with:
- The address you're shipping from, and whether it's a commercial business, residence, or trade show.
- Whether a power tailgate is required for the pick up (unless you are shipping from a commercial venue with a loading dock, it is).
- Which Make It (Calgary, Edmonton, or Vancouver) you are shipping to.
- Whether you need to ship out of the venue after the show, and if so, whether you are shipping back to the address of origin or to another show.
- The dimensions (height x width x depth) and estimated weight of your pallet.
You are welcome to use any carrier you like to ship your goods to the show. If you opt to use a different carrier, please ensure that you let them know the following:
- You are shipping for a trade show.
- Delivery time must be before noon on December 6th.
- Pick up must be on Sunday night December 10th.
- There is no dock available at the venue; a truck with a tailgate lift is required.
Some Makies prefer to ship their goods via Greyhound, and then rent a vehicle once they arrive in town and pick their items up themselves from Greyhound. It’s less convenient than shipping directly to the show, but often more affordable.
Once you have unpacked your pallet, you may store it in the area marked "pallet storage" on the floor plan in the exhibitor guide. Please write your name on your pallet so that everyone knows who it belongs to make sure it is still there for you on Sunday when you need it.
The Atrium Inn (right across the street from the PNE Forum) is the closest hotel to the venue. They're offering a special deal for Makies: Traditional rooms - $99.00 single/double occupancy, with $15.00 for an additional adult in the room.
Call them toll-free at 1-888-428-7486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a room, or book online at www.atriuminn.ca and use the code DECMAKEIT
Bookings must be made before November 10 to get the discounted rate.
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- AC and Heating Controls
- Seating Areas
- Adjustable Steam Shower Heads
If you prefer to stay at an AirBnB, use this link to sign up and get a $50 credit to use on your booking!