Edmonton Holiday Show: Shipping and Accommodations
EXPO CENTRE SHIPPING ADDRESS:
Makie business name, booth #
Expo Centre Northlands, Hall H
7300 116 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB T5B 4X5
Unfortunately, the Expo Centre does not accommodate advance shipping. Please do not ship your goods directly to the venue in advance of the show; make sure your cartage company can provide storage in advance of the show, and deliver your goods the morning of November 22nd. Receivership and materials handling will be looked after by our equipment suppliers; your pallet/crate will be moved to your booth, and be ready for you to unpack when you arrive.
Your items must be shipped out after the show wraps on Sunday night. Materials handling and forklifting will be provided by Make It. If you are not using our official carrier, please confirm with your shipping company that they will be picking up your pallet on Sunday night, as the venue will not store it for you.
Make It's official carrier is Multi-Temp Freight Solutions. They offer temperature-controlled trailers, online shipment tracking, warehousing, and cargo insurance for high value shipments, among other options.
To ship with Multi-Temp Freight, please contact Jeremy Potter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-888-8182, extension 102. For the fastest quote, send Jeremy an email with:
- The address you're shipping from, and whether it's a commercial business, residence, or trade show.
- Whether a power tailgate is required for the pick up (unless you are shipping from a commercial venue with a loading dock, it is).
- Which Make It (Calgary, Edmonton, or Vancouver) you are shipping to.
- Whether you need to ship out of the venue after the show, and if so, whether you are shipping back to the address of origin or to another show.
- The dimensions (height x width x depth) and estimated weight of your pallet.
You are welcome to use any carrier you like to ship your goods to the show. If you opt to use a different carrier, please ensure that you let them know the following:
- You are shipping for a trade show.
- Delivery time must be before noon on November 22nd.
- Pick up must be on Sunday night November 26th.
- There is no dock available at the venue; a truck with a tailgate lift is required.
Our show contractor (GES) is also able to assist you with advance shipping, and will warehouse your goods and transport them to the show for you (PDF and online order link coming soon).
To ship items via GES, please label your pallets as follows:
Global Experience Specialists, Inc.
Make It! The Handmade Revolution
Exhibiting Company Name, Booth # ____________
7730 - 34th Street W
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 3J6
Some Makies prefer to ship their goods via Greyhound, and then rent a vehicle once they arrive in town and pick their items up themselves from Greyhound. It's less convenient than shipping directly to the show, but often more affordable.
Once you have unpacked your pallet, you may store it in the area marked "pallet storage" on the floor plan in the exhibitor guide. Please write your name on your pallet so that everyone knows who it belongs to make sure it is still there for you on Sunday when you need it.
- Free wifi
- Flatscreen tv
- Refrigerator in room
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Convenient LRT access
- Microwave in room
- Telus optik tv in every room